The Poarch Creek Indian Tribal Roll is currently closed at this time.
If your name does not appear on the official Tribal Roll of the Poarch Creek Indians as of December 31, 2008, you shall not be eligible for membership unless:
- You were 18 years or younger on December 31, 2008, in which case you must submit a completed application prior to your 21st birthday.
- You were born on or after December 31, 2008, in which case you must submit a completed application prior to your 21st birthday.
- You become eligible because of a correction in an enrolled Tribal Member’s blood quantum.
If you believe you satisfy the requirements for membership, you will need to submit the following once confirmed by Enrollment Specialist/Director.
- A complete application for membership
- A completed Pedigree Chart
- All supporting evidence (DNA test, birth certificates, etc.)
Membership of the Poarch Creek Indians shall consist of:
(A) All person enumerated or recognized by the PCI Tribal Council as Indian on the following documents:
– 1870 U.S. Census of Escambia County, Alabama
– 1900 U.S. Census of Escambia County, Alabama
– 1900 U.S. Special Indian Census of Monroe County, Alabama
(B) All living relatives of those eligible under (A) of at least one fourth (1/4) degree Poarch Creek Indians blood, provided they are not enrolled as members of any other federally recognized tribe, group, or band of Indians.
Note: For the purpose of comparing blood quantum of their descendants for Tribal Membership, all Indians eligible under (A) are hereby declared as full blooded (414) shall constitute the base roll of the Poarch Creek Indians.
A copy of the 1982 Poarch Creek Indians Tribal Roll has been posted in the Tribal Members Only Portal (TMOP) which is accessible to Tribal Members only using their previously assigned username and password.