The Poarch Creek Indians are descendants of a segment of the original Creek Nation, which once covered almost all of Alabama and Georgia. Unlike many eastern Indian tribes, the Poarch Creeks were not removed from their tribal lands and have lived together for almost 200 years in and around the reservation in Poarch, Alabama. The reservation is located eight miles northwest of Atmore, Alabama in rural Escambia County, and 57 miles east of Mobile.
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians is the only federally recognized Indian Tribe in the state of Alabama, operating as a sovereign nation with its own system of government and bylaws. The Tribe operates a variety of economic enterprises, which employ hundreds of area residents. Poarch Creek Indian Gaming manages three gaming facilities in Alabama, including: the Wind Creek Casino & Hotel in Atmore; Creek Casino Wetumpka; and, Creek Casino Montgomery. The Poarch Band of Creek Indians is an active partner in the state of Alabama, contributing to economic, educational, social and cultural projects benefiting both tribal members and residents of these local communities and neighboring towns.
Mvto. Thank you. Thank you for visiting our site and we hope you learn more about our People.
Notices to Tribal Members
- 1-20-17: A notice regarding the Marketplace 2017 Recertification Letter has been posted in the TMOP.
- 1-13-17: Tribal Member Benefits has posted updated information about the Benny Card in the TMOP.
- 1-3-17: A Notice about 2016 Rollover Balances has been posted in the TMOP.
- 12-27-16: Frequently Asked Questions & Answers relating to the GWA have been posted in the TMOP.
- 12-21-16: Attention Tribal Members: A notice regarding the 2017 Tribal Member Benefits Program has been posted in the Tribal Member Portal. If you are unable to access the Tribal Member Portal please contact the Governmental Relations Department at 251-368-9136 ext. 2004 or 2003.
- 12-16-16: Birthday Wishes will no longer be published in the newsletter. They are now posted on the Tribal web site at http://pci-nsn.gov/birthdays and will be featured on the Tribe's social media pages the day of their birthday. The birthday link is a new and exciting addition to the web site!
Please visit www.pci-nsn.gov/birthdays each month to see who is celebrating a birthday. You can also find a link to the Birthday Page on the Community page (formerly titled Community Life). Each month the Birthday List will include the names of all Tribal Members who will be celebrating a birthday that month. The Birthday List will be posted on the web site at the same time the latest issue of the newsletter is posted, customarily on or around the 17th of each month.
If a birthday wish has been submitted, an icon will appear beside their name. Click on the icon and it will take you to their Birthday Card. This Birthday Card may be printed, saved to your computer, or shared on social media. If a birthday wish has been submitted for a Tribal Member spouse, First Generation, or someone living in a Tribal household, this submission has been included and a Birthday Card has been generated as well.
If you wish to submit a birthday wish, the criteria remains the same with the exception that submission deadlines are the first business day of the month prior to the month of publication.